• Add field KS_RECIPIENTS in Notes format to memo

By Nico Vis 2 decades ago

I am testing KS an it seems working really fine. It would be great to add this field to memo because in a situation with many users it is impossible to check for false positives for everyone (although there are a few of theese).

It can be done easily looking to $Users view of the names and adding it to the memo in addition of the other fields that KS adds (like KS_BL_PROB for example) . In this way we can use it as a reader field and every user can manage its spam much more easily and does not have to deal with everyone's spam.

Meanwhile I am doing it with an agent running on the mailspam db.

• Re: readers field

By Tom Lyne 2 decades ago

This has been suggested before, the reason I turned it down last time will be the same reason this time; Lotus themselves say it would consume too many resources doing a lookup on a gateway server.

I think it may be better to add an administrator's name to the Readers field in the memo and then have an agent in the mailspam database doing the lookup, perhaps on a replicated version on another server.

Maybe most people have powerful enough gateway servers nowadays anyway, so if this gets enough votes I'll add it.

-tom

• readers field

By Oliver Hemmerich 2 decades ago

i would really like it.

perhaps restrict it to addressbooks (configured by directory assistance or maybe a directory catalog?) found on the server on which kspam runs. all other won't get a readers field.

• readers field

By Oliver Hemmerich 2 decades ago

or maybe you add an default role [Admin] which all doc get that are in mailgood and mailspam. then you create an agent that does the necessary lookups in the directories for the user names?

oliver

By dion gillard 2 decades ago

By Marco MP Panigada 2 decades ago

By Marco Cavinato 2 decades ago

By Nico Vis 2 decades ago

By Trond-Are Utle 2 decades ago