• Web Works, Notes doesn't

    By John Huber 5 years ago

    Hi,
    Thanks for creating this wonderful application, but I think I've found a limitation. I was able to install FileSilo on one of my production Domino 9.0.1 servers and the web access works great. But, if I try to use a Notes client to open FileSilo on this server, it appears to try and then gives a 500 http error. After a bit of diagnosing, I think the problem is my Domino server uses “Internet Sites” so I can host several different functions (iNotes, Traveler, an intranet site, etc). When I access FileSilo from a browser, the Internet Site document routes the packets to the correct server and everything works. Since there appears to be no configuration in FileSilo to specify a domain name, I assume it tries to find the host in the server's default location and since it isn't there, I get the 500 http error. Does that sound correct? If so, is there any way to get FileSilo to work with a Domino Server using multiple virtual servers via the Internet Sites configuration?
    Thanks!
    John

    • By Oliver Busse 5 years ago

      Hi John,
      Thanks for your comment.

      I'm using Internet sites, too and they don't cause any problems.
      The problem which I also encountered with XPiNC is the usage of the OpenNTF Domino API. I was not able to solve this so I decided to refactor all the Java code that uses it and deactivate the usage also in the XSP properties. So if you deep dive into the Java code you want to replace all occurances of

      XSPUtil

      with

      ExtLibUtil

      class. After that you can deactivate the Usage of the API in the XSP properties. Then you should be able to use FileSilo in XPiNC. That's an issue I may discuss with the guys from that great project, but until then my workaround does it, too.

      Next release will have this out of the box.

      • By John Huber 5 years ago

        Hi Oliver,
        Thanks for the response, but I am in no way a developer. I'll will wait for your next release that contains the changes rather than completely mess up an application that is currently usable.

        Thanks!