assono Framework 2 is a great fundament for developing modern Notes client and Domino Web applications. It consists of a system of LotusScript classes, forms, views etc. which fulfill most non-functional requirements for applications thus you can concentrate on the specific requirements of your current project.
Some features are:
- base classes like BaseModel, BaseController, BaseViewController
- derived classes like MonitoringModel and BusinessModel
- relations between documents
- logged deletions with backups
- item-level history for documents
- keywords: values, lists and pairs; with defaults
- export any view to Microsoft Excel
- advanced error handling
- logging (local or central log db)
- context-sensitive help
- "Latest News" announcements
- serial numbers
- lots of utility classes and functions
assono Framework is built using object-oriented LotusScript around the Model View Controller (MVC) pattern. Creating a new form involves creating the form itself ;-) and subclassing the a Model and a Controller class, defining such things as field constraints (mandatory, formats, ranges) or a field-level history.
The framework is bi-lingual: English and German and allows to create mulit-langual applications.
See http://www.openntf.org/Projects/pmt.nsf/ProjectLookup/assono+Password-Safe for a sample application using this framework.