The Open Eclipse Update Site database is based on the OpenNTF project "Eclipse Update Site (updatesite.ntf)" from IBM with additional functionality, e.g.
* Mac Notes Client support (no SWT error messages like in the original template)
* View action to delete selected features from the database (no need to delete all like in the original template)
* View action to save the database content as an Update Site on disk
* View action to install selected features in Notes Clients where widget installation is locked down by policy
* Support for headless builds (automatic generation of update site, e.g. in a Jenkins server): database contains an agent called "(API)" that can be called to delete all content and import an update site from the local disk
Known issue for V1.1:
* Deleting disabled features does not work, they need to be enabled first.
Don't forget to sign the template before usage!
This is important because the template is not signed by the Lotus Template Developers anymore. Without signing the template with an ID that is listed in your Client ECL with permission to run Java code, most of the Java based template code will fail and freeze the Notes Client (looks like the ECL warning dialog interferes with the SWT progress dialog).