Posted by Niklas Heidloff | October 4, 2012
The WebGate team has released a new
version of myWebGate
Social Software. Below is a list
of new functionality. You can find more details in the documentation
and on the WebGate
web site (German). Below is their description.
- Profile Photo: Profile photo uploader
now supports webcam as input using WebRTC API (no plugins/ no flash). Currently
only supported by Chrome 21++. Other browsers will follow as soon as they
support the new API.
- Profile Photo: Community administrators
can now upload photos in the profile of other users.
- User Profile: Link to the users wall
has been added. You can also post on the wall of other users.
- Community Admin Page: A new section
"Directory Synchronisation > Custom fields" has been added
to allow custom fields in user profiles.
- Groups: You can now create group pages.
- A group and its wall entries can be
public, closed or secret (hidden).
- Group-Admins can add new members to
closed or secret groups.
- Public groups can be joined by everyone.