Posted by Niklas Heidloff | May 18, 2012
XPages development contest sponsored
by the IBM business partner We4IT
is still going on.
Contribute your open source project
between now and June 3th and have a chance to win $800 for controls and
$1600 for full applications.
So far we've received 16
submissions. While there are already
quite a lot of controls, there are relative few applications. Applications
contain all functionality end users need to fulfill certain tasks. Applications
can/should provide configuration options but must not require developers
to write code to use them.
Here is a list again of potential submissions
for the applications category:
- Stream of entries from various social
networks (in difference to Wildfire
- Notes chicklets for web as web based
navigator to apps
- Analysis tool to track how many certain
web pages have been visited
- Notification system if certain Notes
documents have changed
- Personal document library federating
docs from Dropbox, Connections, LotusLive etc.
- Personal bookmarks federating from
Twitter, Connections, etc.
- URL shortener app
- Extensions to the Information
Retrieval app, e.g. mobile interface
- Gamification system for XPages apps
- Simple project/team task management
app with mobile interface