Project: domBulletin (Managed by Steve Duncan, Michael Bourak)
Trey Harris on 05/23/2006 at 11:27 AM
Great product! But I can;t seem to get it to work as regards ACL.
My goal with domBulletin: To allow a group of volunteers to access domBulletin via the web and have staff (Notes client users) also interact via the Notes client...... No anonymous access either read or write....
- I enabled Directory Assistance
- created a secondary Domino Directory from pubnames.ntf
- added this secondary Directory in the Directory Access DB
- added the volunteers into person records in the secondary Directory
- secondary Directory shows up in all Address Dialogs so I guess it's set up OK
- Added volunteers into the ACL of domBulletin with Author access and create documents ability and checked roles ForumMainPoster, ForumPoll and ForumUser for each
- only some of these volunteers can login via the web, and I don't know what's the difference between them, they look identical in their setup in the secondary Directory and in their access to domBulletin
- on successful loginers, they can post a Main topic but they cannot respond to their own main posting or any others
-seems hit or miss when they login as to whether they get the Preferences form or not....
- maybe this is not a problem but when a user first logs in from the web there is not a User Profile doc created so they get an error if they clcik View/Edit Your Profile on the web page
Like I said this is a beautiful piece of work and I so want to use it for our temporary organization....
Any suggestions woul;d be most appreciated...
|Entered 23-May-2006 11:27 by Trey Harris. Last Modified <none> by <none>.|
Check out other projects